Embedded & IoT Centre
The Students will be able
|To learn the Smart Objects and IoT Architectures.|
|To learn about the various IOT-related protocols.|
|To build the simple IoT Systems using Arduino and Raspberry Pi.|
|To learn the data analytics and cloud in the context of IoT.|
|To develop the IoT infrastructure for popular applications.|
The students will be able
|To understand the concept of IoT.|
|To analyze various protocols for IoT.|
|To design a PoC of an IoT system using Rasperry Pi/Arduino.|
|To apply data analytics and use cloud offerings related to IoT.|
|To analyze applications of IoT in real time scenario.|
1. Introduction to IoT (8 Hours)
Architectural Overview, Design principles and needed capabilities, IoT Applications, Sensing, Actuation, Basics of Networking, M2M and IoT Technology Fundamentals- Devices and gateways, Data management, Business processes in IoT, Everything as a Service(XaaS), Role of Cloud in IoT, Security aspects in IoT.
2. Elements of IoT (9 Hours)
Hardware Components- Computing (Arduino, Raspberry Pi), Communication, Sensing, Actuation, I/O interfaces. Software Components- Programming API’s (using Python/Node.js/Arduino) for Communication Protocols-MQTT, ZigBee, Bluetooth, CoAP, UDP, TCP.
3. IoT Application Development (18 Hours)
Solution framework for IoT applications- Implementation of Device integration, Data acquisition and integration, Device data storage- Unstructured data storage on cloud/local server, Authentication, authorization of devices.
4. IoT Case Studies (10 Hours)
IoT case studies and mini projects based on Industrial automation, Transportation, Agriculture, Healthcare, Home Automation
LIST OF PRACTICALS
1. Familiarization with Arduino/Raspberry Pi and perform necessary software installation.
2. To interface LED/Buzzer with Arduino/Raspberry Pi and write a program to turn ON LED for 1 sec after every 2 seconds.
3. To interface Push button/Digital sensor (IR/LDR) with Arduino/Raspberry Pi and write a program to turn ON LED when push button is pressed or at sensor detection.
4. To interface DHT11 sensor with Arduino/Raspberry Pi and write a program to print temperature and humidity readings.
5. To interface motor using relay with Arduino/Raspberry Pi and write a program to turn ON motor when push button is pressed.
6. To interface OLED with Arduino/Raspberry Pi and write a program to print temperature and humidity readings on it.
7. To interface Bluetooth with Arduino/Raspberry Pi and write a program to send sensor data to smartphone using Bluetooth.
8. To interface Bluetooth with Arduino/Raspberry Pi and write a program to turn LED ON/OFF when ‘1’/’0’ is received from smartphone using Bluetooth.
9. Write a program on Arduino/Raspberry Pi to upload temperature and humidity data to thingspeak cloud.
10. Write a program on Arduino/Raspberry Pi to retrieve temperature and humidity data from thingspeak cloud.
11. To install MySQL database on Raspberry Pi and perform basic SQL queries.
12. Write a program on Arduino/Raspberry Pi to publish temperature data to MQTT broker.
Write a program on Arduino/Raspberry Pi to subscribe to MQTT broker for temperature data and print it.
14. Write a program to create TCP server on Arduino/Raspberry Pi and respond with humidity data to TCP client when requested.
15. Write a program to create UDP server on Arduino/Raspberry Pi and respond with humidity data to UDP client when requested.
LIST OF SUGGESTED BOOKS
1. Vijay Madisetti, Arshdeep Bahga, Ïnternet of Things, “A Hands on Approach”, University Press
2. Dr. SRN Reddy, Rachit Thukral and Manasi Mishra, “Introduction to Internet of Things: A practical Approach”, ETI Labs
3. Pethuru Raj and Anupama C. Raman, “The Internet of Things: Enabling Technologies, Platforms, and Use Cases”, CRC Press
4. Jeeva Jose, “Internet of Things”, Khanna Publishing House, Delhi
5. Adrian McEwen, “Designing the Internet of Things”, Wiley
6. Raj Kamal, “Internet of Things: Architecture and Design”, McGraw Hill 7. Cuno Pfister, “Getting Started with the Internet of Things”, O Reilly Media
WEBSITES FOR REFERENCE
https://ai.berkeley,edu/project_overview.html (for Practicals)